Monday 20 April 2015

Curvy Corporate Pt. 2

Michel Studio Printed Pleated Skirt - Addition Elle | Pink Multi-Stone Necklace  - Addition Elle
 Forest Green Silk Blouse c/o Lord & Taylor | Vamp Cut Out Ankle Strap Heels - New Look

Corporate outfits can sometimes become boring and routine. The same black dress pants, same white button up and the same black flats. One of my goals through this #CurvyCorporate blog series is to highlight the fact that you can show your personality and unique style while sticking to a business professional dress code. As you already can tell, I love bold patterns - I think they are the perfect way to add flare to an outfit. I stuck to this philosophy by pairing this monochrome printed skirt from Addition Elle's Michel Studio collection with a bold, forest green silk blouse courtesy of Lord & Taylor. To add a splash of colour, I paired this ensemble with  a multi coloured necklace which has both green gems, to compliment the blouse, as well as pink gems that allowed me to rock these amazing, soft pink cut out ankle strap heels from New Look. 

My advice when it comes to being true to your own style at work is to not be afraid to experiment with colour and prints. Wear items that you are comfortable in and feel the best in because your confidence is the best accessory you can have.