Saturday 14 February 2015

Valentine's Day

Love & Legend Blouse with Fringe c/o Addition Elle | Pink Multi Stone Necklace - Addition Elle
Fuscia Body-Conscious Dress with Deep V - Asos Curve | Shoes c/o Shoedazzle (old) 
Hair by my love Christine - check out her Facebook Page
It is so crucial that the notion of self-care be a central doctrine of your day. Valentine’s Day should be a celebration of the love you have for yourself, the appreciation of who you are as a person, and the outward expression of self-love. I am here to let you know that you matter, you are loved and you are an important part of your own life. I am a strong believer in not letting my single status ruin my February. I will not lie; I was not always this okay with V-Day. I would quite literally dress in all black and watch dark movies all day just to shield myself from all the fun that was being had by people who fit that perfect couple mold. However, due to some rather enlightening advice from my mother, I refuse to make that a thing this year. Instead, I will celebrate myself in all my flawed glory and make sure that I am physically, mentally and emotionally taken care of.
 




I've made a promise to myself that I will spoil myself, go get my nails done, grab dinner at a fancy restaurant alone, watch 50 Shades of grey in the theaters - anything I want to do, I will do by myself because I know I am capable and I deserve it. 




At my core, V-Day will never be my favourite; however, I appreciate the necessary void it fills in society. With that being said, however, it doesn't mean that you have to be othered, pushed into a zone where love apparently can't be a part of your life. Re-embrace V-Day as a way to fall in love with yourself again, a time when you can work on bettering your relationship with yourself and treat yourself as the royalty that you are. Never forget that your life matters and you deserve to be happy every single day of every single year. Don't let another societal construct ever let you forget this very important point. 


Happy Valentine’s Day to all of you strong, beautiful, cherished people. Take this day to be in love with yourself because you are so very worth it.