Tuesday 17 February 2015

Statement Stripes

Love & Legend Short Sleeve Striped Top c/o Addition Elle Soft Tuxedo Jacket - Pennigtons
Michel Studio Capris - Addition Elle | Shoes c/o Shoedazzle (old) 
Whiffen Statement Necklace - Aldo Accessories
Wearing stripes has always been the most difficult thing for me to do. So often have I heard that stripes make you look 'wider' and are not flattering on a fuller body. Well, I decided to chuck those old, outdated notions out the window and rock a bold stripe pattern. I stumbled upon this amazing Love & Legend striped t-shirt that exists in the perfect realm of business casual. I paired it up with a pair of beautifully exotic orange capris from Addition Elle's Michel Studio line. I toyed with what jacket to add to bring the entire ensemble together, and settled for this soft tuxedo jacket from Penningtons. Then with the addition of a strong, take no nonsense, statement necklace and leopard print pumps, I had the perfect laid back, business casual outfit. I love the contrast of the two different patterns and the way the orange in the capris really add that extra umph to the outfit. The stripes look amazing and I have decided to chuck out all old, out dated notions surrounding plus size women staying far away from patterns!