Thursday 22 January 2015

Pop Of Colour

Michel Studio Fit & Flare Dress - Addition Elle | Structured Handheld in Plum - Aldo Accessories
Shoes (Old Shoedazzle) - Similar Here Lipstick - MAC Taupe
Accessorizing is my favourite pastime. If it was an Olympic sport, I'd be the gold medal champ every single time. Accessories are the easiest way to take an outfit to the next level, allowing you to style the same base ensemble many different ways. This beautiful monochrome Michel Studio fit & flare dress from Addition Elle is the perfect base for accessories. Although simply black and white, the pattern adds a lovely level of detail. I decided to pair it with what I like to call watermelon green shoes and a dark plum structured handheld bag. Dark purple and bright green are complementary colours, with the dark richness of the plum helping to offset the bright green. I threw on a vintage gold choker and sparkly vintage earrings (courtesy of my mom's jewelry box) and called it a done deal! Because there is so much colour already in the accessories, I opted for a nude lippie to tie everything together. 

(To enlarge, click each image)